My first book – The Mini Cricket Quiz Book – is now available. It is a short book, comprising 100 questions on Cricket and is available on Amazon.
You need not own a Kindle to read the book – there are apps for the PC, all major smartphone platforms (Android, Apple and Windows) or even the latest version of any major web browser is sufficient to read the book. You can preview some of the questions before buying the book.
Amazon.com – http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EKPIKI0
Amazon.in – https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00EKPIKI0
Amazon.co.uk – https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EKPIKI0
1. The Calcutta Cricket Club, founded in 1792, was the first cricket club outside Britain. A few years after its inception, a ‘Grand Match of Cricket’ was organized between its members and the Old Etonians. What was the highlight of this game, achieved by Robert Vansittart (who was the governor of Bengal for few years in the mid-1700s)?
2. Name the first-class cricket team based out of Colombo in Sri Lanka, who named themselves with the particular intention of not being aligned to a particular ethnic group. Notable players who have been part of this team include Kumar Sangakkara and Aravinda de Silva.
3. If someone intends to buy one each of Kahuna, Rogue, Recoil and Blade then which company’s products do they intend to buy?
4. What was introduced to the world of cricket in a match between Middlesex and Surrey held in July 2004 at the Lord’s Cricket Ground?
5. Bill Bowes, Hedley Verity and Harold Larwood have all got Don Bradman out bowled more than once in Test matches. Who is the unlikely but only other person to achieve the same feat as them?