1. Originally called ‘Sphairistike’, this game was designed by Major Walter Clopton Wingfield in 1876. W Spencer Gore won the first championship in 1877. Which sport and event are we referring to?
2. Pele played in four Football (Soccer) world cups – 1958, 1962, 1966 and 1970 – and scored in each of them. Who is the only other player to do the same?
3. Who was the oldest person to win a F1 championship?
4. Sachin Tendulkar was the first person to be given out (run out) by a television umpire. Name the umpire.
5. What is James Naismith famous for?
1. Lawn Tennis. Wimbledon.
2. Uwe Seeler, from Germany.
3. Juan Manuel Fangio.
4. Karl Liebenberg. South-Africa India Test, 1992-93. Cyril Mitchley was the square leg umpire who called for the review.
5. Inventing the sport of basketball in 1891.