1. On this day in 1982, a South Korean man named Woo Bum-kon who had served in the army and then a police officer, went on a killing spree and killed 57 people including himself. Before the Norway attacks by Anders Breivik in 2011, this was the worst killing spree in modern history. Name the incident.
2. Havelock is part of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India popular among foreign tourists as a diving destination. In 2010, a foreign tourist was killed in a snorkeling expedition after being attacked by an animal – this was a rare instance where this animal attacked in open sea, as it typically attacks only on land. Name the animal.
3. The Netherlands controlled a small portion of North America till around the late 1600s. The Dutch established a “capital” called New Amsterdam in order to operate their fur trading practice. What was this city later named to?
4. NYPD, depicted commonly in movies is only the second largest law enforcement agency in the United States. Which is the first?
5. Complete the following list with an explanation – Puncak Jaya, Mount McKinley, Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Elbrus, Aconcagua and Vinson Massif.
1. Uiryeong Massacre.
2. Saltwater Crocodile.
3. New York City.
4. US Customs and Border Protection.
5. They are the highest points in Australia, North America, Africa, Europe, South America and Antarctica. The highest point in Asia, Mount Everest, completes the list.