1. This Christian military organization was active in the 12th-14th century. Their first major leader was Hugues de Payens. They were featured in the video game ‘Broken Sword’ as well as referenced in the game ‘Deus Ex’. Name the organization.
2. A well known socialist leader based in Ireland, he was executed by firing squad for his role in the Easter Rising of 1916 – an attempt to liberate Ireland from British rule. Though he was primarily known as a republican, most of his writings were based on Marxism. Name the leader.
3. This German engineer and computer scientist’s most significant achievement was the invention of the Z3, which was the Turing complete computer and was controlled using functional programming. He also built a company, the name of which bore his surname, which was later acquired by Siemens. Name the person.
4. This British Television film first appeared in CBS. Directed by Jack Gold, it starred Rutger Hauer who later received the Best Supporting Actor for this film in the Golden Globe awards. It is based on the real life escape by Jewish prisoners from a concentration camp. Name the movie.
5. This political leader’s middle name is Alejandro, and is considered to be one of the most influential Communist leaders of our time. He was personally involved in armed rebellions against leaders in Dominican Republic and Colombia. He has survived multiple assassination attempts believed to have been perpetrated by the CIA. Name the leader.
1. Knights Templar.
2. James Connolly.
3. Konrad Zuse.
4. Escape from Sobibor.
5. Fidel Castro.