1. This former queen of France lived in the 18th century, and a very famous phrase is attributed to her in popular culture even though there is no hard evidence to do so. She was played by Kirsten Dunst in a movie directed by Sofia Coppola, as well as appeared as a ‘boss’ in the video game CarnEvil. Name the queen.
2. A former President of the United States, he was a successor to Abraham Lincoln. He was a Democratic and was responsible for the rebuilding of the United States after the Civil War. There was no Vice President during his tenure. Name the person.
3. These awards were first given out on this day more than 80 years ago. The movie ‘Seventh Heaven’ won the maximum number of these awards when this event was conducted the first time. The statue presented in these awards is based on a sculpture of the Mexican actor Emilian Fernandez. Which awards are we referring to?
4. This airport in the United States was originally known as the Idlewild airport, named after a golf course on which it was built. It is one of the busiest airports in the world. It was inaugurated by the then President of the United States Harry Truman. It is the base of three large airlines from the USA. Which airport?
5. This social and political movement occurred under the leadership of Mao Zedong. Started in May 1966, it continued for over a decade. It was started based on the fear that capitalism was taking over the country, and one of its main objectives was to promote socialism in the country. It was started in the aftermath of the “Great Leap Forward” movement which failed economically. Name the movement.
1. Marie Antoniette.
2. Andrew Johnson.
3. Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars.
4. John F Kennedy (JFK) Airport, New York, USA.
5. Chinese Cultural Revolution.