1. Which Indian religious figure is sometimes referred to as ‘Viraprabhu’ in religious texts?
2. Which dynasty of kings derive their name from the word ‘bull’ in a classical Indian language?
3. Which dynasty did the Emperor Krishna Deva Raya of Vijayanagara belong to?
4. Which Mughal emperor was defeated by the East India Company in the Battle of Buxar?
5. Name the famed rifle containing greased cartridges which resulted in the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny.
6. Who was the Governor General of India at the time of the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny?
7. In which Indian city were the headquarters of the All India Muslim League established when formed?
8. Who gave and popularised the title of ‘Mahatma’ to Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi?
9. Which religious movement was started by Shri Hans Maharaj in 1960?
10. How is the Indian philosopher and teacher Vishnugupta better known as?
1. Vardhaman Mahavira.
4. Shah Alam II.
5. Pattern 1853 Enfield rifle.
6. Lord Charles Canning.
8. Rabindranath Tagore.
9. Divya Sandesh Parishad.
1. This Roman emperor was the first to convert to Christianity. He was born in modern day Serbia, but established his base in a city called Byzantium which today is the capital of a large Eurasian country. He is known as the creator of the Eastern Roman Empire. Name the emperor.
2. This movie was based on a novel by author Anne Rice and had Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Kirsten Dunst playing important roles. The entire movie was based on an interview of the character played by Brad Pitt describing various events in his life to the interviewer. Name the movie.
3. Considered to be one of the “earliest” rock bands, it was formed in England in 1964 and had Pete Townshend playing the lead guitars. The title song from their album “My Generation” had a bass guitar solo, one of the earliest song to have one. Name the band.
4. A brilliant computer scientist cum software programmer and also an activist, he was one of the original authors of various software used in GNU/Linux today. He studied in Harvard and later joined MIT, which also served as his residence for a few years. He is known to sometimes wear a symbol proclaiming “Impeach God”. Name the person.
5. This company is headquarted in a city called Espoo, and known for manufacturing mobile electronic devices. Its origins can be traced back to a company started by Fredrik Idestam. It has recently entered into a strategic partnership with Microsoft. Name the company.
1. Constantine the Great.
2. Interview with the vampire.
3. The Who.
4. Richard Stallman.