1. This river originates from Lake Itasca and ends in the Gulf of Mexico. It has as many as forty-three dams along its entire stretch. A number of famous authors including Mark Twain and Herman Melville have novels based on the setting of this river. Which river?
2. This film production company is owned by Viacom and one of its original founders was Adolph Zukor. They have produced films like Vanilla Sky (starring Tom Cruise) and old classics like The Rainmaker. They are located in Hollywood, California. Name the company.
3. This animal’s has been called by different names – Kudryavka, Zhuchka and Limonchik – but is best remembered by another. She is famous for being the first to be part of something which then was not previously undertaken by a human. Her statue can be found in Star City, Russia. Name the animal and her feat.
4. This group was originally established to fight Jordan’s King Hussein. They were responsible for starting the events on which Steven Spielberg’s movie Munich is based. One of their more well known operatives was Ali Hassan Salameh. Name the group.
5. This person’s original name was Namgyal Wangdi. A recipient of the British Empire Medal, he as a member of John Hunt’s expedition, was the first person to have reached a place which no one had before. The Lukla airport in Nepal is named after him and his partner in the expedition. Name the person.
2. Paramount Pictures.
3. Laika, the first dog to orbit the earth in a space shuttle.
4. Black September.
5. Tenzing Norgay, first person to reach the summit of Mount Everest.