1. This Australian man is considered to be one of the most prolific inventors in the history of mankind. He has more than 4,000 patents granted to him in the United States alone. He is credited for the development of the Memjet technology used by printers manufactured by many corporations around the world. Name the inventor.
2. The WDRC-FM is a radio station operating out of the state of Connecticut in the United States. It is owned by “another” BBC – Buckley Broadcasting Corporation and their tagline is “The Biggest Hits”. What is special about this station?
3. This phrase was first used in 1849 in a speech by the Italian revolutionary Guiseppe Garibaldi. It was also used by Theodre Roosevelt who later went on to become President of the United States. It was made famous by Winston Churchill in his speech to the House of Commons in 1940. Which phrase?
4. This former President of the United States was also referred to as Ike. His family had moved from Germany to the US in the 17th century. He became the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during the Second World War. Name the person.
5. This Chinese politician was born in 1904 and was the head of the Republic of China for 14 years. He was responsible for introducing major economic reforms in China, and the “Four Modernizations” introduced by Zhou Enlai became popular during his tenure. Name the politician.
1. Kia Silverbrook.
2. They are the first commercial FM radio station in the United States.
3. Blood, sweat, tears and toil.
4. Dwight Eisenhower.
5. Den Xiaoping.