1. The Hindu goddess Saraswati is usually depicted with which musical instrument?
2. The Sanskrit equivalent of two words – “fixed” and “words” – give rise to the name of a genre in Hindustani classical music. Which one?
3. Which Indian tabla maestro’s name is Qureshi Khan?
4. Which famous Carnatic classical singer and winner of the Bharat Ratna appeared in a film called ‘Sevasadan’?
5. The poets Robert Bly, Thomas Hardy, Spencer Reece and Phyllis Web have composed this popular vocal form of Indian music in English. Name the vocal form.
6. ‘Fughri’, ‘Dhalo’, ‘Deknni’ and ‘Dulpod’ are types of songs in which Indian language?
7. In which Indian film directed by Satyajit Ray did Ustad Bismillah Khan had an onscreen role playing music?
8. Which Indian singer is known as Mallika-e-Ghazal, meaning the queen of Ghazals?
9. Name the Indian singer who has appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the most recorded artist in history.
10. Name the Indian born director of the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra.
3. Ustad Alla Rakha.
4. M S Subhalakshmi.
8. Begum Akhtar.
9. Asha Bhosle.
10. Zubin Mehta.