1. The name of which city in India comes from two words – hunchedback and maiden?
2. Who is considered to be the first emperor of the Rashtrakuta dynasty starting in 735 AD?
3. Which is the largest wildlife sanctuary in the Thar Desert?
4. Which city was the capital of Madhya Pradesh when it was originally created in 1950?
5. Who succeeded Shankar Dayal Sharma as the President of India in 1997?
6. The former Chief Minister of Bengal, Siddhartha Shankar Ray, was once the Governor of which state in India?
7. What can we find at 24 Akbar Road, New Delhi, India?
8. The name of the river Brahmaputra in Bangladesh shares its name with a river in India. Which one?
9. Which city was the capital of Assam before 1972?
10. How many national parties (officially recognized) are there in India as of 1st June, 2012?
3. Nara Desert Wildlife Sanctuary.
7. Headquarters of the Indian National Congress.
8. Jamuna (Yamuna).
1. A mathematician and businessman from the United States, he was one of the early pioneers of computing when he developed a machine to read punched cards. He was also a businessman who founded a company which later merged with others to become IBM. Name the person.
2. He was appointed a Judge of the US Supreme Court based on a nomination by President Woodrow Wilson. The event was notable because he was the first Jew to be appointed to the Supreme Court. He was once called ‘A Robin Hood of the Law’ for taking up cases against monopolistic corporations. Name the Judge.
3. His middle name is Sergeyevich, and he is a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1990. He is credited with the introduction of Glasnost which led to significant improvement in political freedom in the Soviet Union. Name the prominent political leader and statesman.
4. Her birth name was Norma Mortenson. An actress and a model, she is a recipient of the Golden Globe award for a film which starred Jack Lemmon. She dies under suspicious circumstances at the age of 36. Name the actress.
5. A tennis player from the United States with parents of Greek origin, he is considered to be one of the finest players of the game. Primarily a serve and volley player, he has won the US Open five times, and is also the youngest to do so. Name the player.
1. Herman Hollerith.
2. Louis Brandeis.
3. Mikhail Gorbachov.
4. Marilyn Monroe.
5. Pete Sampras.