1. Which diamond, believed to have originated from India, means ‘Mountain of Light’ in Persian?
2. Bahadur Shah Zafar was the last Mughal emperor. Which dynasty did he belong to?
3. Born to Moropant and Bhagirathibai Tambe, how is their child Manikarnika better known as?
4. Ulugh Khan, Fakhr Malik and Jauna Khan are all names of which Indian king?
5. Who served as the President of the Indian National Congress in 1889 and 1910?
6. Which Indian king was born in Devanahalli – a district of present-day Bangalore – in the mid 18th century?
7. A lot of history about Humayun is based on the work of his sister. Name his sister.
8. Arun Sadekar plays an Indian political leader in the movie ‘Hey Ram’. Which political leader?
9. Alauddin Khilji attacked Chittor after hearing of the beauty of Rani Padmini. Which king was she the wife of?
10. What was originally called ‘Gharapuri’ but later renamed when the Portugese arrived in the 16th century? (It is a UNESCO world heritage site)
1. Kohinoor diamond.
2. Timurid dynasty.
3. Rani Lakshmibai.
4. Muhammad Bin Tughlaq.
5. William Wedderburn.
6. Tipu Sultan.
7. Gulbadan Begum.
8. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
9. Rawal Ratan Singh.
10. Elephanta Caves / Island.
1. His real name is Li Lianjie, and he is a well known actor. He was trained in Wushu by Wu Bin, but later took up acting and became famous for his portrayal of local hero Wong Fei-hung. A follower of Tibetan Buddhism, he has also created his own fitness program for which Adidas designed special clothing. Name the actor.
2. A British actor and former diver, he is known for his action movies where he performs his own stunts. He was a member of the England’s national diving team and stood 12th in the World Championships. He has acted in many films directed by Guy Ritchie, and lent his voice to the animated film ‘Gnomeo and Juliet’. Name the actor.
3. One of the most famous players in NBA history, he was born as Ferdinand Alcindor in 1947. As of today, he remains the leading scorer of all time in the history of NBA. He started his career with the Milwaukee Bucks but later moved to the Lakers. He was recently announced as cultural ambassador for the US. Name the player.
4. Owned by a company called ‘Shamrock Holdings’, this basketball team is famous for their exhibition matches where they combine the sport with comedy and theatre. Its origin can be traced back to the 1920s in Chicago, Illinois. Henry Kissinger and Pope John Paul, II are honorary members of the team. Name the team.
5. His real name is Saul Hudson, and has born in London in 1965 to an African-American mother and white father. Considered to be one of the greatest guitarists of all time, he was once part of the group called ‘Velvet Revolver’ even though he has achieved fame mostly for his work with another great rock band. He has recently released an album called ‘Apocalyptic Love’. Name the guitarist.
1. Jet Li.
2. Jason Statham.
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
4. Harlem Globetrotters.
5. Slash, former guitarist of Guns’n'Roses.