1. A Greek mathematician well known for his contribution to geography, he lived around the time 300 – 200 BC. He calculated the circumference of the earth as well as the tilt of the Earth’s axis during that time. There is a crater on the moon named after him. Name the person.
2. Located in Australia, it is considered as one of the seven ‘natural’ wonders and is visible from outer space. Home to many exotic and endangered species in the planet, it provides a breeding ground to many species of turtles including the ‘Olive Ridley’. A major tourist destination, it generates a billion dollars per year. What are we talking about?
3. This movie is based on a person who was a specialist in the martial art ‘Wing Chun’ and was also considered to be a teacher of Bruce Lee. Directed by Wilson Yip, it had actor cum martial artist Donnie Yen playing the chief character in the movie. The events in the movie take place around the Second World War and portrays the tension after the Japenese military occupation of the Chinese. Name the movie.
4. It is named after an Italin-French astronomer and a Dutch mathematician, and is being used to study the planet Saturn. It is also being used to study the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, and landed on the moon Titan in 2005. Along with Galileo, Viking and Voyager it is considered to be a ‘Outer Planets Flagship’ mission. What are we talking about?
5. Knicknamed Jimbo, he was born in Alabama in the United States but now resides in London, UK. He was one of the co-founders of ‘Bomis’, an adult oriented Web portal but later founded a website which is one of the most visited sites today. He was named one of the most influential people in the world by Time Magazine. Name the person.
2. Great Barrier Reef.
3. Ip Man.
5. Jimmy Wales, founder of Wikipedia.