1. A mathematician and businessman from the United States, he was one of the early pioneers of computing when he developed a machine to read punched cards. He was also a businessman who founded a company which later merged with others to become IBM. Name the person.
2. He was appointed a Judge of the US Supreme Court based on a nomination by President Woodrow Wilson. The event was notable because he was the first Jew to be appointed to the Supreme Court. He was once called ‘A Robin Hood of the Law’ for taking up cases against monopolistic corporations. Name the Judge.
3. His middle name is Sergeyevich, and he is a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1990. He is credited with the introduction of Glasnost which led to significant improvement in political freedom in the Soviet Union. Name the prominent political leader and statesman.
4. Her birth name was Norma Mortenson. An actress and a model, she is a recipient of the Golden Globe award for a film which starred Jack Lemmon. She dies under suspicious circumstances at the age of 36. Name the actress.
5. A tennis player from the United States with parents of Greek origin, he is considered to be one of the finest players of the game. Primarily a serve and volley player, he has won the US Open five times, and is also the youngest to do so. Name the player.
1. Herman Hollerith.
2. Louis Brandeis.
3. Mikhail Gorbachov.
4. Marilyn Monroe.
5. Pete Sampras.