1. This company was found by Carl Laemmle in 1912. It is currently owned by Comcast. Even though Alfred Hitchcock’s masterpiece ‘Psycho’ was originally produced by Paramount, currently this company owns absolute rights to the film. They also own a theme park in Hollywood. Name the company.
2. This city was originally known differently from what it is today, with the current name meaning ‘Northern Capital’. It is one of the most densely populated cities in the world with around 20 million people living in the city. It is well known for bicycles as a means of transport, with dedicated lanes for their use. Paris and Rome are considered ‘partner’ cities after an agreement was signed between them. Which city?
3. Her middle name is Adams, and she is a well known author and activist from the USA. Her life was depicted in ‘The Miracle Worker’, and she was the first differently abled person in the US to earn a BA degree. She was once labelled as a Communist worker by a report of the FBI. Name the person.
4. This book was published in 1949, and it has become legendary for portraying a dystopian future and continuous government surveillance. Winston Smith is the chief character of the story. One of the original names proposed for the book was ‘The Last Man in Europe’ but later changed to its current name. Which book?
5. This snake’s name suggests that it belongs to a particular family of snakes, but scientifically it has its own genus separate from the family. The first of its scientific name is Ophiophagus. Primarily found in South-East Asia, it is known to eat other snakes. Theodore Cantor was the first person to describe this snake. Which snake?
1. Universal Pictures.
3. Helen Keller.
5. King Cobra.