1. An English poet belonging to the Romantic genre, his first name was Gordon even though he is usually known by a different name. He is considered to be a Greek hero as he fought for their war of independence against the Ottoman Empire. He had an illegitimate daughter who lived with the Shelleys. Name the poet.
2. This company was incorporated on this day in 1903, and is based out of Dearborn in Michigan, United States. Even though it is a publicly listed company, it is still controlled by a family. Their brand ‘Mercury’ was discontinued last year. Which company?
3. His middle name was Engelbregt, and he was an explorer from Norway known for his expeditions to discover the poles of the Earth. He was the leader of the Antarctic expedition to discover the South Pole, even though he is more famous for another event. His death remains a mystery as he disappeared during a rescue mission in 1928. Name the person.
4. A ‘stream of conciousness’ author from Ireland, his middle name was Augustine and he is best known for his work ‘Ulysses’. His works revolve around the city of Dublin. He has influenced various authors like Samuel Beckett and Salman Rushdie. Name the author.
5. This company was created in 1976 by Charles Wang and Russ Artzt, and is headquartered in New York. One of the largest software companies in the world, it is famous for its server side applications in the mainframe as well as distributed computing. The security products now known as ‘Total Defense’ was originally created by them. Which company?
1. Lord Byron.
2. Ford Motor Company.
3. Roald Amundsen.
4. James Joyce.
5. Computer Associates (CA).