1. Currently an attraction for tourists in Germany, it was once the point where you could cross from West to East Berlin. During the crisis of 1961, it was occupied by Russian and American tanks on both sides. The death of Peter Fechter, who died bleeding after being shot while trying to cross the wall, is a famous incident related to this place. What are we referring to?
2. It’s scientific name is Cygnus Atratus, and it’s an animal primarily found in Australia. They were discovered by the English scientist John Latham. Featured in the flag of Western Australia, it has lent its name to a book as well as a movie starring Natalie Portman. Name the animal.
3. Created by a German Dr. Johann Siegert, it is an alcoholic drink containing certain vegetable extracts. It has some medicinal properties like being a cure for an upset stomach. It is used as a mix for cocktails as well as a flavoring agent. It is known for being sold in a bottle with an ‘oversized label’. What are we talking about?
4. An American actor, his middle name is Bonaventure. He has been nominated for the Best Actor at the oscars nine times, and won it for the movies ‘Captain Courageous’ and ‘Boys Town’. Louise Treadwell was his wife, even though he a long affair with actress Katherine Hepburn without divorcing her. Name the actor.
5. This American businessman was also a film producer, even though he is better known for ‘other’ ventures. ‘Hell’s Angels’ and ‘The Outlaw’ are two controversial films which he produced. There is a Medical Institute bearing his name which still exists today. He once helped the CIA recover a Soviet submarine. Name the person.
1. Checkpoint Charlie.
2. Black Swan.
3. Angostura Bitters.
4. Spencer Tracy.
5. Howard Hughes.