1. A nobel prize winner in chemistry, his first names are Ferdinand Frederick but he is known by his two last names. He was the first person to isolate fluorine from its compounds. Unfortunately, his work with fluorine eventually led to his death. Name the scientist.
2. One of the most influential political leaders of the Soviet Union, he was the Secretary of the Communist Party for 11 years. He influenced several reforms in the country and was a strong backer of the country’s space program. He is famous for delivering the ‘Secret Speech’, which condemned Joseph Stalin and his policies. Name the former leader of the Soviet Union.
3. Originally a French colony, it is now an island country located in the Indian Ocean and also one of the largest islands in the world. It’s current Prime Minister is Omer Beriziky. It has lent its name to various films including a 1994 Cuban film as well as a franchise of animated films, the first of which was released in 2005. Name the country.
4. A former Irish journalist, her death led to the creation of the Criminal Assets Bureau. She was famous for covering drug dealers, who eventually had her murdered. A recipient of the International Press Freedom Award, there was a movie on her life where she was played by Cate Blanchett. Name the person.
5. One of the most famous German footballers of all time, he was nicknamed ‘Bomber’. For almost 32 years, he held the record for scoring the maximum number of goals in Football World Cup Finals. He played for Bayern Munich for 13 years. Name the footballer.
1. Henri Moissan.
2. Nikita Khrushchev.
4. Veronica Guerin.
5. Gerd Muller.