1. His middle names were Edward Jeune, and he was a English soldier and cricketer born in India. He holds the record for scoring the maximum number of runs in a single innings, 628 not out, a feat achieved in a game between the schools North Town and Clarke’s House. He was killed during the First World War. Name the cricketer.
2. A Russian ship, it became famous for a rebellion by the crew against the officers commanding the ship. It was a precursor to the revolution of 1917. The events of the mutiny were depicted in a classic film by Sergei Eisenstein. The uprising was led by a man named Matochenko. Name the ship we are referring to.
3. This device was independently invented in many countries. One of the earliest prototypes was created by Luther George Simjian in the United States. Barclays Bank is credited with installing one with largescale use in Enfield Town, London. It is sometimes referred to as ‘hole in the wall’ in UK. What are we talking about?
4. His middle name is James, and he is the son of former English footballer named Terry. A footballer himself, he started his career with Liverpool and has had stints with Real Madrid, Newcastle and Manchester United. He has been in the top 5 goal scorers for England. Name the footballer.
5. A recipient of the Academy Award, this American director’s middle name is Jerome. Born in Tennessee, he is known for his extensive knowledge of films and wrote the screenplay for True Romance. He frequently works with his friend Robert Rodriguez. Name the director.
1. Arthur Collins.
2. Battleship Potemkin.
3. Automated Teller Machines (ATM).
4. Michael Owen.
5. Quentin Tarantino.