1. Name the weekly journal where the poem ‘Saare Jahan Se Achcha’ was first published by Muhammad Iqbal.
2. With which event or festival would you associate the terms Nandighosa, Taladhwaja Dwarpadalana?
3. A small scale replica of an Indian monument has been constructed in Bahadurabad near Karachi, Pakistan. Which monument?
4. The 99 names of God in Islam are inscribed on the sides of whose tomb?
5. It is 17.5 metres long, around 2 metres wide, manufactured by the Burn Standard Company and runs on 550W DC power. What are we describing?
6. What are tithi, vaar, nakshatra, yoga and karana?
7. What was launched on 26 Jul 2009 to commemorate the Kargil War victory by Gursharan Kaur, the wife of Manmohan Singh?
8. What was featured in a postal stamp issued by the Indian Postal Service to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Times of India?
9. Which Indian organization was originally called Crown Representative’s Police?
10. Who is the only Indian recipient of the ‘Hero of the Soviet Union’?
2. Rath Yatra in Puri. They are the names of the three chariots.
4. Mumtaz Mahal.
5. A tram car in Kolkata.
6. The five components of a day in the Hindu calendar.
7. INS Arihant, India’s first nuclear powered submarine.
8. The Common Man, a creation of cartoonist R.K.Laxman.
9. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
10. Rakesh Sharma, the first Indian in space.