1. It is a distress signal sent using Morse code which is not an abbreviation, but popularly has many expansions invented by people. It was part of an international convention till 1999, when it was replaced by a newer signal. It was first adopted by the German government in 1905 and internationally in 1908. What are we talking about?
2. A controversial program introduced during the time of the Vietnam war, it was operated jointly by the CIA, American forces and Vietnamese security forces. It was used to terminate the civilian infrastructure supporting the Viet Cong, with torture followed by killing the prime means of operation. It was officially closed in 1972. Name the program being referred to.
3. This device was built by a man named Nobutushi Kihara in 1978, and was originally called the Soundabout in US. Originally used to play analogue music, the name is currently used for digital devices. It has sold more than 200 million units all over the world. What are we talking about?
4. This movie was released in 1980 and had John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd in lead roles. It was based on characters created in the series Saturday Night Live. One of the most memorable lines from the movie is – “We’re On A Mission From God”. Name the movie.
5. His first name is Joseph and he is a 1907 recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature. Born in British India, he was called a prophet of British imperialism by George Orwell. Two of his well known works are ‘Kim’ and ‘The Man Who Would Be King’. Name the author.
2. Phoenix Program.
4. The Blues Brothers.
5. Rudyard Kipling.