1. An English inventor who was born in the 17th Century, he was the earliest to patent a steam engine on this day in 1698. He described it in a book called ‘The Miner’s Friend; Or An Engine To Raise Water by Fire’. Name the inventor.
2. This company was created in 1962, has over two million employees making it one of the biggest private sector employers in the world, is known as Asda in UK and Seiyu in Japan and has a subsidiary called ‘Sam’s Club’. Which company?
3. This fictional character appears in multiple books – primarily in Spanish or Italian – over the last few hundred years. One of the first books in which the character appears is ‘The Trickster of Seville and The Stone Guest’. A play with this character is conducted on the 2nd of November ever year in the Spanish speaking world – and he was made legendary by an opera composed by musical genius Mozart. Name the character we are talking about.
4. This American actor’s middle name is Christopher and was first noticed in a television show called ’21 Jump Street’. He has portrayed a number of real life characters in movies for which he has won critical acclaim – Joseph Pistone and John Dillinger are two of them. His first film appearance was in the movie ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’. Name the actor.
5. This American singer and musician’s real last name is Zimmerman, even though he is famous by a different name all over the world. One of his songs was used as a title song in the movie ‘Watchmen’. He has been romantically involved with Joan Baez. Name the singer.
1. Thomas Savery.
3. Don Juan (or Don Giovanni).
4. Johnny Depp.
5. Bob Dylan.