1. A French explorer born in the 16th century, he is known as the ‘The Father of New France’. On this day in 1608, he founded the city in Canda called Quebec. He initially explored North America under the guidance of other explorers, and was the first European explorer to describe the Great Lakes. Name the explorer we are talking about.
2. It’s scientific name is Pinguinus Impennis and it was a species of bird which became extinct in the 19th century. They were flightless, and could be in areas around the Atlantic Ocean. The American Ornithologist’s Union is named after this bird. Name the species of bird being referred to.
3. His middle name is Friedrich, and he was a German engineer who is considered to be a pioneer in designing automobiles using gasoline as the main source of fuel. His last name is part of a company producing high end cars. He received a patent for his car engine design in 1879. Name the German inventor.
4. This company was founded in 1999 by two of the most well known media groups Reuters and Dow Jones. It provides services related to business information and research, and is part of the Microsoft Office program for doing research. It is now fully owned by News Corporation. Name the company.
5. This award is conferred unofficially to a passenger line which crosses the Atlantic Ocean with the highest speed. It shares its name with a brand of gin. The name itself was borrowed from horse racing. It is also known as the Hales Trophy. Name the award being referred to.
1. Samuel de Champlain.
2. Great Auk.
5. Blue Riband.