1. This term is used to describe an explosion which releases an extreme amount of energy, sometimes as much as would be emitted by the sun over its lifetime. This term was created by Walter Baade and Fritz Wicky. ‘Crab Nebula’ was produced as a result of this. Which term are we talking about?
2. This former President of the United States died on the same day as his predecessor John Adams. He is considered to be a Founding Father as well as one of the main authors of the Declaration of Independence. He was the founder of the University of Virginia. Name the from US President.
3. An American author and poet who lived in the 19th century, he was born on Long Island and is considered to be the father of free verse. His most famous work was ‘Leaves of Grass’ which was also controversial in nature. One of his most famous poems was ‘O Captain, My Captain!’. Name the person.
4. This structure originally comprised seven buildings, and one of them was the tallest in the world when completed in 1971. Minoru Yamasaki was the head architect for the project. It has been featured in the movies ‘Home Alone 2′ and ‘King Kong’. Which set of buildings are we talking about?
5. A German man who belonged to the Gestapo, he is also known by the name ‘Butcher of Lyon’. At the age of 29, he was sent to Lyon during the Second World War where he was responsible for the deaths of thousands of people. It has been suggested that once he helped the CIA capture the revolutionary Che Guevara. Name the person.
2. Thomas Jefferson.
3. Walt Whitman.
4. World Trade Center.
5. Klaus Barbie.