1. This tunnel was dug in 1869, below the Thames river in London. A young man only 24 years of age names James Greathead applied and won the tender for the construction. The construction of this tunnel led to the first underground ‘tube’ railway in the world. Name the tunnel.
2. This former President of the United States was originally from the state of Vermont, became the governor of Massachusetts and succeeded Warren Harding as the President. He was a proponent of the civil rights of African-Americans and was responsible for the Ku Klux Klan losing most of its influence. Name the President.
3. Considered to be antiparticles of electrons, they were first conceptualized by John Dirac in 1928 and later discovered by Carl Anderson in 1932. They are usually produced by radioactive decay or from energetic photons. Which particle are we referring to?
4. A Hungarian born physicist who later took up American citizenship, he was instrumental in writing a letter along with Albert Einstein which led to the Manhattan project and atomic bomb. Along with Enrico Fermi, he held the patent for the idea of a nuclear reactor. Name the physicist.
5. A cartoon produced by Hanna Barbara, the protagonist is considered to be a female Tarzan. All the episodes of the cartoon were aired in 1978, and describes the story of a woman who travels to South America in search of her father. Name the cartoon.
1. Tower Subway.
2. John Calvin Coolidge.
4. Leo Szilard.
5. Jana of the Jungle.