1. John Rut was an English explorer. He was chosen by the English king Henry VIII to explore the Northwest passage. He was also the commander of the ship Mary Guilford. Why did he become famous for something he did while at St.John’s, Newfoundland?
2. One of the better known mountain and active volcano located in Honshu, Japan it is also a complex volcano with different kinds of archaeological features. It’s eruption in 1783 killed 35,000 people. Which volcano?
3. This organization was created by people who were former members of the Theosophical Society in Adyar, Chennai, India. It was created to inform the world of the arrival of a ‘World Teacher’, and a man named Jiddu Krishnamurthi was chosen as the teacher. Name the organization.
4. A politician and athlete, this African American man was considered to be the fastest man in the early 1930s and jointly held the world record for the 100m sprint. He became famous after he came second after Jesse Owens in the 1936 Berlin Olympics. Name the athlete.
5. An amusement park located in the state of Indiana in the United States, it was constructed in 1946 and was the world’s first themed park. Today, it is known as Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari but was originally named after its location. What was the original name of the park?
1. Sent the first letter in English from North America.
2. Mount Asama.
3. Order of The Star in the East.
4. Ralph Metcalfe.
5. Santa Claus Land.